Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring


It's Spring today... the time for new beginnings and realization of hope. I guess that would be Faith.

I was sitting at LoJ last summer, listening to a team from Impact Nations talk about their recent trip to Nicaragua. They had an awesome, Holy Spirit filled adventure of course and the testimonies were amazing; but truthfully, I had kind of tuned out because Kyle and one of our best friends had gone with the team and this was the second and third time around hearing most of the tales. Then a woman named Kate Vanwely started to share about what she had seen and God started talking to me REALLY loud. He was saying 'midwives, they need more midwives', and I just kind of sat there with my mouth open in a sudden divine realization of what I needed to do and be a part of for the rest of my life. As soon as I got home, I began searching the net for international schools and associations and came across Newlife International School of Midwifery http://www.midwifeschool.org/ in the Philippines. My heart was aching by the time I finished with their website, wanting SO much to go there but seeing SO many obstacles in the way.

Long story short, we have had months and many pages of prayer requests, answered prayers, soul cries, dreams and Words confirming what we are supposed to do, but little on how He is going to get us there. But my God is amazing, and the desires He plants, He also waters and nurtures until it reaches toward the sun and bears fruit.

All winter long, we have been waiting. Not always patiently and not always unified; but trying to stay hopeful. He has been speaking in parables of seasons and birth, letting the natural prophetically speak of the spiritual. Now it is spring and the doors are beginning to open.

No comments:

Post a Comment